DIPLOMA IN DENTAL HYGIENIST: BASIC COURSE DETAILS
Course format: It is a Diploma certificate course. On course completion, successful candidates will be awarded a Diploma certificate. Using this qualification, they may practice as Dental Hygienists in India.
Course duration: 2 years.
CAREER PROSPECTS AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- These days, people are giving more attention towards oral healthcare. Thanks to our changing lifestyle and food habits, dental problems have been increasing among Indians!
- Thanks to this trend, the number of patients approaching dentists have increased. Since dental hygienists directly assist dentists, their demand too has gone up!
- Diverse job opportunities exist in front of Dental Hygienists in India. Both Government and private sector jobs are available in front of them.
- Dental Hygienists may find work at Government hospitals (dental wards), Private hospitals (dental wards), Government healthcare missions and schemes, Private dental clinics, CHCs (Community Health Centres), Armed Forces and NGOs offering oral healthcare treatment to people.
- Under such work setups, they may assist dentists and carry out the tasks mentioned in the article. In short, they may work alongside orthodontics and periodontists.
10+2 Science stream passed with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (preferred) from a recognized board is the minimum educational qualification required. If minimum aggregate marks criteria exists, it could be between 45-55% aggregate marks in board examination.