MASTER’S IN SOCIAL STUDY
Masters of Arts in Social Science is a post-graduate Social Science program. Social science is the field of study concerned with society and human behaviors. A social science course is a group of subjects focused on what influences humans and their society to act in a way and how these actions can be monitored and modified.
MA Course Curriculum
There are numerous field under which one can pursue his/her career in Social Study. These fields varies in different prospect and can offer student with the diverse knowledge. Some of the courses being offered under Master’s Program of Social Study are:
- MA English
- MA Political Science
- MA History
- MA Psychology
- MA Philosophy
- MA Social Work
- MA Economics
- MA Archaeology
- MA Sociology
- MA Geography
- The students can appear after completing their Under Graduation Education with the branch or specialization of their interest.
- The Students has to follow the 2 years course as a semester pattern, i.e. 4 semesters during the entire course.
Some of the most popular entrance exams are:
- Tata Institute of Science and Technology Social Work Entrance Exam (TISS)
- Jamia Millia Islamia MA Admission Entrance Test
- KUCET Social Work Entrance Exam
- Manipal University Entrance Exam
- University of Mysore Entrance Exam
- University of Delhi Combined Entrance Examination
- IGNOU Entrance Examination
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) MSW Admission Test
Some of the top Colleges are:
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- Delhi School of Social Work, Delhi
- St. Stephen’s, Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Labor Relations, Mumbai
- Madras School of Social Work, Chennai
- Fergusson College, Pune
Some of the popular field of scope are:
- Content Writer/ Editor: An editor is a professional responsible for the overall style and content of a publication.
- Anthropologist: A cultural anthropologist studies the art, traditions, customs, and languages of societies to learn how humanity has developed over a period of time.
- Archaeologist: An archaeologist is a professional who studies the origin, development, and behavior of human beings.
- Teacher/ Professor: Candidates interested in the field of academics can choose to be a teacher in a school or a professor in college/ university after attaining required qualification.
The salary varies depending upon the field to field and organization to organization. The more diverse the field of job, the more salary you’ll get. The average annual salary of some of the job positions are (approx.):
- Economists- RS. 14,00,000
- Anthropologists- RS. 5,00,000
- Content Editor- RS. 4,00,000
It begins from RS. 2,00,000.
The Master of Social Work (MSW) is a master's degree in the field of social work. It is a professional degree with specializations compared to Bachelor of Social Work (BSW). MSW promotes macro-, meso- and micro-aspects of professional social work practice, whereas the BSW focuses more on direct social work practices in community, hospitals (outpatient and inpatient services) and other fields of social services.
- It will provide multiple perspectives to analyse and engage with social issues.
- The programme will enable students to locate the role of a social worker as a professional specialisation within this context.