NDA Examination is organised by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). NDA (National Defence Academy) is the best organisation that trains the trainees (applicants) to get selected for Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy) as officers. Aspirants may approach the academy by succeeding in a national level entrance examination (NDA 2017-2018). NDA examination is conducted two times in a year. NDA (I) 2017 will be organised on 23rd April 2017 and NDA (II) 2017 will be organised on 10th September 2017. Here is the detail information about NDA
A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Marital Status: Single
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them.
- Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy
- 12th Class passes of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy.
Age :The candidate should be between 16-1/2 to 19 years of age.