NTA NEET 2019: The registration for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) for undergraduate medical courses has started from November 1. The medical exam is held for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in India in colleges run with the approval of the Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India.
NEET was made mandatory in 2016 and the eligibility criteria have seen changes. In 2017, CBSE introduced age and attempt limit. After several petitions filed in various courts, the board had to modify its decision. This year, there are no changes introduced:
NEET 2019: Eligibility criteria
1) Age limit: The age limit is minimum 17 years and maximum 25 years. There is five years relaxation for the reserved category. The age limit was in news last year as the government introduced the upper age limit which led to massive protest among medical aspirants. After several petitions, the apex court had allowed students above 25 years to sit for the exam.
2) Attempt: A candidate can attempt NEET thrice.
3) Open School candidates can apply, however, their candidature is subject to the decision taken by the courts. The matter is already before the High Court of Delhi, High Court of Allahabad, Lucknow Bench and High Court of Madhya Pradesh at Jabalpur.
4) The candidate should have passed Class 12 or is appearing for it. He/ she should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English is eligible to apply. They should have scored at least 50 per cent in the Class 12 exam. The reserved category candidate has to score 40 per cent.
5) He/ she should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB)/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English are eligible to apply. They should have scored at least 50 per cent in the Class 12 exam. The reserved category candidate has to score 40 per cent.
6) Students who have passed the pre-professional/ pre-medical examination with PCB/Biotechnology and English in the Higher Secondary Examination or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical exams include practical tests in these subjects and English as a compulsory subject.
7) Students who have passed the first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with PCB/Biotechnology.
8) Students who have passed the B Sc examination from a recognised Indian University provided that he/she has passed the programme with not less than two of the subjects PCB (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology. They should have passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Books play a very important role for the preparation of any kind of examination. The following table shows the names of the books which every aspirant must study:
Upcoming Entrance Exams Details 2019-20
Exam date:25 Nov 2018
Last date of Application: 19 Sept 2018
Exam date: 02 Sept 2018
Last date of Application: 24 Aug, 2018,
Exam date: 02nd Feb 2019
Last date of Application: 21st Sept 2018
Exam date: 4 Nov 2018
Last date of Application: 14 Sept 2018
Exam date:18 Nov 2018
Last date of Application: 3 Sept 2018
Exam date:16 Dec 2018
Last date of Application:1 Aug 2018
Exam date:6 Jane 2019
Last date of Application: 30 Nov 2018
Exam date:6 Jan 2018
Last date of Application:30 Sept 2019