About Social Studies:
Social studies are the integrated study of the social sciences, humanities and history. Within the school program, social studies provide coordinated, systematic study drawing upon such disciplines as anthropology, archaeology, economics, geography, history, jurisprudence, philosophy, political science, psychology, religion, and sociology, as well as appropriate content from the humanities, mathematics, and natural sciences.
- Creation and provision of socially relevant and high quality professional education in a wide range of inter-disciplinary areas of Social Sciences to a larger number of students from all sections of the society in the country.
- Facilitation of autonomous research and dissemination of knowledge.
- Support knowledge creation through strong M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes and Post-Doctoral scholars.
- Strategic extension, field action and advocacy through training and capacity building of State and non-State institutions and personnel.
- Initiate field action and advocacy to demonstrate and facilitate creation of policies and programmes.
- Professional response to natural and human-made disasters, through participation in relief and rehabilitation activities.