MASTER’S OF TECHNOLOGY/ MASTERS IN ENGINEERING
A Master of Engineering is either an academic or professional master's degree in the field of engineering. A Masters of Engineering or Masters of Technology is a professional postgraduate academic degree awarded to a student after two years of studying engineering at an accredited university.
There are numerous branches within the broad field of engineering in post-graduation. It is based on the branches that we have selected for B.E., B. Tech. and Diploma in engineering programs.
Post-graduation degree Courses are of the semester or trimester pattern. In the semester pattern, the 2 years consists of 4 semesters, i.e. 2 semesters for each year. On the other hand, in the trimester pattern, the 2 years consists of 6 trimesters 3 trimester for each year. In the second year students have to undertake Internships at the end of first year for minimum 2 months as per their branches.
Common Courses Offered
- Masters of Technology
- Masters in Engineering
Common Branches Offered
- Masters in Manufacturing Technology
- Masters in Environmental Engineering
- Masters in Food Engineering
- Masters in Structural Engineering
- Masters in Geo-Technical Engineering
- Masters in Transportation Engineering
Common Entrance Exams
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test (BHU PET)
- West Bengal University Of Technology Post Graduate Entrance Test (WBUT PGET)
- VIT Masters Entrance Examination (VIT MEE)
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MH CET)
- Job- M. Tech degree will enable you to secure a higher position in an organization.
- Study- Opportunity to gain more knowledge after M Tech as you can pursue research programmes (PhD).
- Scientist- You can have a career in Research Institutions. You can apply for ISRO, DRDO and others for being a Scientist.
- Professor- You can also apply for professor jobs in different public or private colleges based on your qualification and specialization. You can also open your Coaching Institute or get a job in a renowned Institute as well.
- Start your own organization- A very few M. Tech graduates aspire to start their own organization and government provides enough support in terms of funding and investments from venture capitalists on the basis of M. Tech Degree.
- Candidates who have completed their under graduate degree either BE or B Tech with an eligible marks or merit score i.e. minimum 60% can apply for ME / M Tech Program.
- Candidates who have completed their B Tech or BE degree with a valid score in GATE are eligible as well.
- Candidates who have completed a 5-year program in Science or Applied Sciences resulting in the award of a Master of Science degree are also eligible for this course.
- Admission is based on rank obtained in the entrance test conducted for ME / M Tech in the respective Institutes. (It may vary depending on the Institute)
Some Top Institutes
Central / State Institutes
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kharagpur
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- BITS Pilani
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
Entrance Exam - Master of Technology