The Government of India has established IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati to integrate and promote interdisciplinary science education and research. Over the years IISERs have been successfully attracting talented young minds. An overarching goal of the IISERs is to enable students to shape the nation by inventing and implementing sustainable solutions for societal problems through research in science. This is being achieved by our faculty of international repute together with bright students. In a short span of time IISERs have generated an incredible amount of intellectual property in the form of publications and patents.
(i) Five-year dual degree program for science students
(ii) Classroom learning integrated with research, providing ample scope for interdisciplinary activities
(iii) Curriculum with a focus on both breadth and depth in sciences, engineering sciences and economics
(iv) Opportunity to pursue impactful research
(v) Fully residential campuses with well-equipped hostels
(vi) Access to on-campus medical, sports and other recreational facilities
Programmes offered in:
* Biological Sciences
* Chemical Sciences
* Earth & Climate Sciences/Earth & Environmental Sciences
* Economic Sciences
* Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)
* Geological Sciences
* Integrated & Interdisciplinary Sciences (Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Data Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences)
* Mathematical Sciences
* Physical Sciences
# Four-year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics only at IISER Bhopal. Click here to know more about courses offered in each IISER
* Highly competent and motivated faculty with passion for teaching and pursuing research in frontier areas of science
* Integrated undergraduate teaching and cutting-edge research
* Exposure and access to world-class research facilities right from the start of the program
* Research internships and year-long research projects leading to MS thesis with opportunities for interdisciplinary research.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2020 or 2021 from any board recognized by Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) and have scored within the category-wise cut-off are eligible to apply for admissions to IISER only through the following three channels:
(1) Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
(2) Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
(3) State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
Due to Covid-19, the following amendment to the eligibility criteria for admission to the BS-MS and BS programs of IISERs were relaxed in 2020 and will be continued in 2021:
The cut-off marks in (10+2) as eligibility for admissions is: 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade for GEN/OBC and OBC-NCL categories and 55% for SC/ST/PWD in any recognized board.
Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply through any channel provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2021-22 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
To be eligible for admission via the IIT-JEE (Advanced) channel, candidates must have secured a rank within 15000 in the common rank list (for candidates belonging to GEN/OBC categories) or in the respective category rank lists (for candidates belonging to GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PWD categories) of JEE(Advanced). Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable. The cut-off marks in (10+2) as eligibility for admissions is: 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade for GEN/OBC and OBC-NCL categories and 55% for SC/ST/PWD in any recognized board.
* Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2020 or 2021, from any board recognized by COBSE, are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2021.
* However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified.
* Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA IN CLASS XII (OR EQUIVALENT) BOARD EXAMINATION FOR IISER ADMISSION 2021:
1. The candidate must have marks within the category-wise cut-off above for their respective Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination for being eligible to get admission to IISERs.
2. For candidates who appeared in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination for the first time in 2020 and reappeared in any subject (for whatsoever reason) in 2021, the better of two performances will be considered.
3. If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2 system), then only Class XII marks will be considered. If a Board gives aggregate marks considering the results of all three years of a 3-year diploma or courses of equivalent duration, then only the marks scored in the final year will be considered. Similarly, for boards which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be considered.
4. If a Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade -sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks and submit it before the deadline of the mark-sheet submission. In case such a certificate is not provided by the Board, meeting minimum eligibility criteria will be assessed as follows: If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (for example, 4 points or 8 points scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula: CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS. Finally, the marks will be linearly scaled out of 500. (Here PS stands for Point scale used by the Board).
5. If your Class XII result is not yet declared: please check Q25 in FAQ.
Regarding the cut-oﬀ marks for IISER Admissions
▪ The cut-oﬀ marks for PwD candidates will be the same as the lowest of the cut-oﬀ marks for GEN, OBC-NCL, SC and ST categories.
▪ In view of the fact that candidates qualifying Class XII or equivalent during either (or both) 2020 and 2021, it is reiterated that the cut-oﬀ for the academic year 2021 will only be considered.
Mathematics: The questions will be from topics such as Sets, Number System, Relation & Functions, Trigonometry, Probability, Matrices & all topics of class 11th & 12th NCERT books.
Physics: The questions will be from topics as Kinematics, Electrostatic, thermodynamics, Oscillations, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, and much more.
Chemistry: Some basic topics will be Equilibrium, Hydrogen, s-Block Elements, p-Block Elements, Surface Chemistry, Biomolecules and etc.
Biology: It will relate to topics such as Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetic & Evolution, and so on.
|Application Start Date||:||
1st July 2021
|Application End Date||:||
31st August 2021
17th September 2021
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs)